[Editor’s Note: We have a bunch of (old) recipes sitting in drafts that haven’t yet been published. For the sake of getting some of them out there, I’ll publish them even though they’re no longer timely -t]
This was an attempt to re-use our yeast from the Sullivan Stout and Return of the Yeast Brown.
- 8 lbs Maris Otter
- 1 lbs American Crystal 60ºL
- .25 lbs British Chocolate
- 1 oz Kent Goldings (4.9% AA) 60 minutes
- 1 oz Kent Goldings (4.9% AA) 45 minutes
- 1 oz Fuggle (5.1% AA) 10 minutes
We mashed for a little over an hour right around 165ºF with 3 gal of water. We ran the mash through an additional time to set the grain bed then added 170ºF water to sparge until we got ~5 gal to start the boil.
- OG: 1.048
- FG: 1.008
- ABV: ~5.1 %