[Editor’s note: publishing a bunch of old recipes that, for one reason or another, have yet to see the light of day – t]
This beer is a modified Founder’s Red’s Rye clone.
- 9 lbs American 2-row
- 2 lbs Crystal 60ºL
- .5 lbs Flaked Rye
- 1 lb Rye Malt
- 1 oz Cascade (3.9% AA) 60 minutes
- 1 oz Centennial (8.3% AA) 60 minutes
- 1 oz Amarillo (8.6% AA) 15 minutes
- 1 oz Cascade (3.9% AA) Dry
- Wyeast 1272 American Ale II
We mashed for a little over an hour right around 165ºF with 4 gal of water. We ran the mash through an additional times to set the grain bed then added 170ºF water to sparge until we got 6.5 gal to start the boil, and finished with about 5.25 gallons.
- OG: 1.069
- FG: 1.016
- ABV: ~6.4 %